The Lion King's Golden List
1. A full grown adult male lion can weigh between 330 and 550 pounds.
2. "King of the jungle" or "king of the beasts" is a common depiction of a lion.
3. The lion has been a popular symbol of royalty and stateliness,as well as a symbol of bravery.
4. Lions have the loudest roar of any big cat.
5. The lion, particularly the face of the male, is one of the most widely recognized animal symbols in human culture.
6. The lion's mane makes his body appear larger and more impressive than it really is, which helps to attract females at mating time and frightens off rival males.
7. Lions kill only when hungry. Their prey can usually sense if lions are out to kill and, if they are not, will often ignore lions wandering close to them.
8. Male lions are strongly territorial and will challenge intruders and will often fight until one lion is killed. The winner takes over dominance of the territory, and of the pride.
9. Male lions seldom live for longer than 8 years.
10. The lion is mentioned in the Bible about 157 times, more often than any other undomesticated animal.
11. The lion is the biblical emblem of the tribe of Judah and later the Kingdom of Judah.
12. Yahoshua Ha Mashiach (our Savior/Messiah) is sometimes called "the Lion of the tribe of Judah.
Proverbs 28:1 "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion."